Private guided tour to the oldest museum in the world. The Egyptian Museum of Antiquities was built from 1897 to 1901 to accommodate around 250000 Egyptian artifacts. For more than a century, the museum housed the Royal mummies, as well as the collection of the boy King Tut. In 2021, the Royal mummies were moved from the museum to their new home at the Egyptian National Museum of Civilization, and the highlights of King Tutankhamun’s collection were moved to the New Grand Egyptian Museum. Despite moving some of the important Egyptian Artifacts from this Museum and placing them in other museums, the Egyptian Antiquities Museum still held an important place among all museums of the world.
The Highlight of the Museum after 2021 is the collection of Queen Tye’s Parents Yuya and Thuya whom their tomb was also discovered intact in Luxor in the Valley of the Monkies. Their mummies are on display on the second floor, as well as the coffins, and the golden masks.
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Cairo and drive you to the museum.
- Begin your tour with a visit to the Tutankhamun Galleries, where you can see the famous treasures found in the tomb of King Tutankhamun, including the golden mask, the throne, and the sarcophagus.
- Next, visit the Mummy Rooms, where you can see the mummies of several pharaohs and learn about ancient Egyptian beliefs about the afterlife.
- Afterward, explore some of the other galleries, including the Royal Mummy Room, the Akhenaten Gallery, the Old Kingdom Gallery, and the Late Period Gallery.
- Finally, end your tour with a visit to the gift shop, where you can purchase souvenirs and gifts.
After the tour is done, your guide will drive you back to your hotel in Cairo. Note that the exact itinerary may vary depending on your preferences.
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Tour Location: Cairo
- Tour Availability: Available Everyday
- Pickup & Drop Off: Your Hotel
- Tour Type: Private
- Pick up and drop off
- All transfers
- All tours
- Private Egyptologist tour guide
- Mineral bottled water
- Entrance fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tipping / Gratuities (recommended)
- Any extras